We all love traveling. Don’t we?
The thought of a well-planned vacation at the end of the year is itself a motivation for you and me to work harder. Or is it working smarter?
But again you will all agree with me that it takes time and straining to get organized for travel especially when traveling with your laptop. To make your traveling easy and safe for your notebook, you need to buy the best laptop backpack for travel.
Good news for you all is that there are a variety of laptop bags out there. But again singling out one that suits your needs can be challenging. They come in all shapes and sizes. To get the best bag that meets your needs and preferences, we have prepared this buying guide to help you quickly find the best laptop backpack for travel.
|Backpack||Main Material||Shipping Weight||Laptop Screen Size|
|Incase Icon Pack|
|Nylon||2.7 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14", 15"|
|eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack||840D & 900D Twisted Poly||3.9 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14", 15" 17''|
|Herschel Supply Co. Pop Quiz Backpack||100% Polyester||1.9 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14", 15"|
|Osprey FlapJack Men’s Backpack||100% Man-Made-Materials||2.2 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14", 15"|
|Tumi Alpha Bravo Andersen Slim Commuter Brief||100% Ballistic Nylon||4.8 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14"|
|SOLO 15.6″ Laptop Briefcase||Polyester||2.2 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14", 15"|
|Thule Paramount 24L Daypack||Nylon||3 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14", 15"|
|Booq Cobra Squeeze||Ballistic nylon||1.2 kg; 2.7 lbs||11", 12" 13", 14", 15"|
|Kopack Slim Business Laptop Backpacks||Nylon fabric||1.56lb||11", 12" 13", 14", 15.6"|
|Samsonite Pro 4 DLX Urban Backpack PFT TSA||100% Nylon||3.7 pounds||11", 12" 13", 14", 15.6"|
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Incase Icon Pack
- 2 2. eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack
- 3 3. Herschel Supply Co. Pop Quiz Backpack
- 4 4. Osprey FlapJack Men’s Backpack
- 5 5. Tumi Alpha Bravo Andersen Slim Commuter Brief
- 6 6. SOLO 15.6″ Laptop Briefcase
- 7 7. Thule Paramount 24L Daypack
- 8 8. Booq Cobra Squeeze
- 9 9. Kopack Slim Business Laptop Backpacks
- 10 10. Samsonite Pro 4 DLX Urban Backpack PFT TSA
- 11 5 things to consider when buying the best laptop backpack for travel
- 12 Wrap Up
1. Incase Icon Pack
Incase Icon Pack is a big backpack. It is designed to carry a standard complement of different gears. As a matter of fact, what makes this bag interesting is that it seems like most of the gears you can think of have dedicated areas inside the bag. It has several zippers, and all the padding needed to maintain its rigid form and shape.
The bag is made of 100% nylon and is a one-size-fits-all laptop backpack that comes with a single interior zipper pocket, as well as five exterior pockets. Its sternum and padded shoulder straps help in making this back very comfortable to wear, even when it is filled with things inside. Despite being packed full, this bag still looks good. It comes with frames that can hold the entire bag steady regardless of the amount of gear you are carrying. This happens to be our choice for the best laptop backpack for travel.
- Hip-side Pocket: This side pocket has an integrated cable port that can allow you to charge your device or plug in your headphones without removing it out of the bag.
- Ergonomic Design: This bag is equipped with a molded back panel, padded shoulder bands, as well as a sternum band that protects your back.
- Faux-Fur Pockets: These pockets are designed to protect your electronics against pressure and scratches, thanks to its high-quality padding.
- Dimensions: This backpack has a size of 19.3 inches x 12.8 inches by 8.7 inches.
2. eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack
eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack a for the traveling professionals who need a reliable backpack to carry technical stuff. It is made from woven polyester fabric, making the bag feel sturdy. The material also uses Teflon coating that effectively repels water. The main sleeve is padded, and can easily accommodate either a 15 or 17-inch laptop, with an L-shaped zipper for easier access when the bag is used as backpack or briefcase.
eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack Features
- Backpack Size: This backpack has dimensions of 18.5 inches x 12.75 inches x 7.5 inches. It also weighs 3.8 pounds. While this is heavier and thicker compared to other backpack options out there, it also translates to more space for storage.
- Convertible Shoulder Straps:You can quickly pull out and clip the straps to the attached eyelets at the bottom, thus converting the bag to a backpack. This feature was added according to customers’ request, making the bag serve both as a laptop bag and a briefcase.
- Configurable Compartments:This backpack also comes with several configurable compartments. The main sleeve is highly padded, with an L-shaped zipper for easier access. Aside from having compartments for the devices and gadgets, there is also a separate section for papers and other incidentals.
- AC Adapter Garage: This adapter garage can be found near the bottom of the bag. It is a removable, crush proof compartment which is accessible from the bag’s front. This also serves as storage for other bulky items.
3. Herschel Supply Co. Pop Quiz Backpack
The Pop Quiz laptop bag is one of the most popular laptop bags under Herschel. It features a minimal and slim design but filled with organization. It comes equipped with a straight cut, lightly padded, and adjustable shoulder straps with a haul handle which is useful for an alternative carry option. It is designed for campus students, full-time workers, or those who travel every day with their laptops.
Features of the Pop Quiz laptop bag
- Fully padded laptop sleeve: This laptop sleeve can fit a 15” size laptop, personal electronics, as well as other delicate kinds of stuff. This sleeve also has its zippers in front, making it easier to stash items that are frequently used.
- Organization Panel: This panel is inside a compartment just at the back of the front zippered sleeve. The space is very useful for smaller items such as cards, coins, pens, and other similar stuff.
- Internal Key Clip: The internal key clip is readily available and secure.
- Spacious Main Compartment: This compartment also comes with a media pouch which can feed your headphones via a rubber perforation which ports towards the exterior part of the bag.
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps: These shoulder straps are lightly padded, with a heave handle which makes them alternative carriers. As such, it offers essential and protected organization in a minimal and slim design.
4. Osprey FlapJack Men’s Backpack
The Osprey FlapJack Men’s Backpack inches with an impressive combination of a chic, modern inspired look, with several features that can help you in navigating through your everyday life. One of the things that make this bag a standout option is that it comes with a very professional look while offering some of the best protection for smaller devices and laptops.
Features of Osprey FlapJack Men’s Backpack
- Padded Laptop and Tablet Sleeve: The Osprey FlapJack Men’s Backpack comes with an amply padded laptop sleeve, with secondary pockets that can serve as storage for a tablet, and for other items.
- Document Sleeve: This backpack comes with a separate document sleeve which can hold documents and other similar items.
- Internal Mesh Pocket: With this backpack’s internal mesh pocket, you can keep your cord and small gears sorted accordingly, and away from the bigger items.
- Reflective hints and Blinker Patch: This feature is what makes this backpack really stand out from the rest. It includes reflective graphics, as well as a blinker patch which comes in handy while commuting, especially in the evening.
5. Tumi Alpha Bravo Andersen Slim Commuter Brief
This Tumi Alpha Bravo Andersen Slim Commuter Brief is manufactured using premium material, with feel, look, and reputation that makes it well worth the investment. The design is both casual and contemporary, allowing it to be used for both casual and professional environments.
Featured of Tumi Alpha Bravo Andersen Slim
Ballistic Nylon Material: The use of ballistic nylon material is durable and feels solid giving a real sense of premium quality. The overall look is also completed with the use of metal hardware for the zippers and accented leather details in different parts.
- Carrying Handle: The use of a carrying handle is an addition to this bag. It also comes with a padded shoulder strap that makes it very comfortable to hold even though the bag is filled with everyday essentials.
- Zippered Expansion Option: This feature is found in the main pocket, allowing for extra storage with just a quick touch of the zipper, thus revealing more space.
- Dedicated Padded Laptop: This dedicated compartment for a laptop is isolated from the other parts of the bag, thus making sure that your computer stays secure from any potential bruises and bumps.
- “Add a Bag” System: This feature is unique to the brand, allowing the bag to be connected to other travel bags or suitcases for more convenience while moving around.
6. SOLO 15.6″ Laptop Briefcase
The SOLO 15.6″ Laptop Briefcase is designed to provide solution to productivity and organization. It is equipped with the capability to handle daily gadgets, manufactured with a designated compartment for a tablet and laptop, as well as additional storage for other needs. Aside from a backpack, it can also serve as an everyday briefcase with a slim profile, perfect for daily use.
SOLO 15.6″ Laptop Briefcase
- 2-in-1 Use: This bag is a hybrid of a briefcase and a backpack. It can seamlessly transform between these two options without compromising functionality and performance.
- Backpack Strap Storage: This bag also comes with a backpack strap storage which can be discreetly folded inside their own zipper pocket, maintaining its slender design.
- Favorable and Comfortable Fabric: One of the complaints customers have with laptop bags is that they are all thick and padded, making them bulky. This bag, however, uses a comfortable yet durable fabric. It has enough padding to keep the items intact but not extremely bulky.
7. Thule Paramount 24L Daypack
The Thule Paramount 24L Daypack is standout in a way that it preaches toughness and durability. It is made out of a durable 420D nylon material with a water resistant finish. Aside from the ultra-protective tablet and laptop sleeve, it also offers smaller sleeves with pouches that total 24 liters of space.
Features of the Thule Paramount 24L Daypack
- Safe Edge Protection: Thule has added the Safe Edge protection technology which helps avoid any possible damage to the contents of the bag when bumped or dropped. Aside from this feature, it also comes with a dual density laptop sleeve alongside a secure flap closure, making sure of superior corner protection.
- Welded Bottom Panel: This welded bottom panel offers an improved protection against certain elements including snow and rain. It also contributes to the overall firmness and shape of the backpack.
- Protective Slip Pocket: This bag also comes with a protective slip pocket that has a soft interior lining support while protecting a zipper-based or side-loading tablet and laptop compartment. This side zipper offers a two-way access to the tablet and laptop.
8. Booq Cobra Squeeze
Booq Cobra Squeeze can be categorized in the mid-range category. It is designed to keep your laptop and other accessories organized accordingly without unnecessarily weighing you down while using. It is a gray, sinuously shaped backpack which is constructed using a sturdy fabric which is 46% recycled plastic. This makes it one of the best laptop backpacks for travel.
It comes with the name ‘Cobra’ because of its long, wrap-around zipper that pulls a flap to uncover the main pocket. According to the manufacturer, this bag is ideal for 15” laptops. The bag is also water resistant, with water beading up nicely outside when drenched with water.
Features of the Booq Cobra Squeeze
- Terralinq Tag: This tag allows you to recover your bag in case of losing it, provided that the person who finds it follows the tag instructions.
- Cobra Zipper: This zipper is an amazing way to have deeper access to your bag. Aside from this zipper that reveals the main pocket, there are other zippers on the phone pocket near the upper part of the bag, lined with plush materials.
- Pouches and Compartments: Aside from the main pocket, you can find a mesh pouch, a zippered top pocket that faces a neoprene line laptop sleeve, two holsters that can hold accessories, a magazine/tablet sleeve, as well as another space for chargers, cameras, and others.
9. Kopack Slim Business Laptop Backpacks
Kopack Slim Business laptop Backpack is recommended for those who are interested in having a laptop backpack with a slim and sleek design. This backpack is an interesting combination of ergonomics, build quality, as well as other features that you would like to see. It easily stands out in a professional and classy way.
Features of the RedSun Car GPS Tracker System
- Laptop Compartment and Sleeves: This bag comes with a laptop compartment that can hold 14.1 inch or 17-inch laptops. Aside from the main compartment, there are other sleeves too that can hold your other devices. This backpack can store a lot of items inside while still maintaining its look while remaining very comfortable to wear.
- Anti-theft Design: This backpack is constructed using tear resistant, durable nylon fabric, which means that this bag is safe from thieves trying to get your equipment inside by tearing the fabric of the bag. At the same time, it comes with a dual-access zipper that has an anti-theft design which allows for easier access while increasing safety.
- Padded Shoulder Straps: This padding on the shoulder straps, as well as the back provides additional support and comfort. Its top loop handle also makes sure of a secure hold while picking up or even moving the backpack.
10. Samsonite Pro 4 DLX Urban Backpack PFT TSA
The Samsonite Pro 4 DLX Urban Backpack PFT TSA is often considered as one of the must haves for businessmen who needs to carry their laptop with them all the time. It offers a combination of practicality and convenience at the same time. It also makes it easy to confirm that you have carried all essentials, both personal and business, are placed inside a protected and secure environment.
Features of the Samsonite Pro 4 DLX Urban Backpack PFT TSA
- Organized Pocket System: The slots and pockets of this bag are arranged ingeniously to make your travel both convenient and hassle free. It comes with a fully cushioned laptop compartment which is designed to provide protection to your laptop against the stress during travel. The other pockets are also designed with easy access in mind.
- Fully Padded Back Panel: This feature is what makes this backpack extremely comfortable to use. It even comes with shoulder straps that will allow you to maneuver your bag quickly. You also have the option to experience a consolidated journey with the use of a smart sleeve.
- Checkpoint Ready System: This backpack is designed with a laptop compartment that is made to pass TSA standards and guidelines. This only means that when using this backpack for air travel, there is no need to remove it as you pass through the different security checkpoints.
- Consolidated Travel: Consolidated travel is made possible by the addition of the strap for your trolley. This means that this backpack can also serve as a carry-on bag, thus allowing more mobility and easy transport.
5 things to consider when buying the best laptop backpack for travel
Traveling is dynamic; this is why you need a bag that has enough space and compartments to allow for the accommodation of more items along the laptop. This gives you room to acquire new stuff, a typical occurrence when traveling. You can also travel with additional stuff like a tablet and a few books to read along the way.
Laptops are made different sizes and shapes, and so do travel backpacks. If for instance, you have a 17″ laptop, it is important to get a backpack that will snuggly fit that laptop. If you get a smaller one, it compromises the safety of your laptop and makes it vulnerable to damages.
Traveling is already cumbersome enough. Therefore, you need a backpack that is comfortable. A well-padded laptop bag provides a layer of security, acting as a shock-absorber in the case of rough handling or accidental falls. Padding also makes it comfortable to carry the backpack, immensely reducing the stress on the back.
#4. Search friendly
Especially for air transport, searching is a very common and annoying experience. But for the safety of everyone, it is important that all bags are screened. We spend a lot of time looking laptop bags, but if the guidelines specified by airport authorities are followed, the time spent searching can be immensely reduced. Therefore ensure that before you buy a traveling backpack for your laptop, it qualifies as search-friendly.
No one needs their laptop bag snapping or tearing while traveling, therefore make sure to pick one that is made using a durable material so as to avoid any unexpected scenarios. Such a material also means that you get a durable backpack that you can use for a very long time.
The design of the any bag considered to be best laptop backpack for travel can make all the difference in your journey. A good one should allow for easy access to your notebook.
With the variety of laptop backpacks for travel available, no doubt that the selection process is quite challenging. After looking into the features of each of the options above, I believe you now have an idea of which backpack suits you best, according to your needs and preferences.
The Incase Icon Pack took the eye of our analysts in terms of comfort, convenience, and overall functionality. It even ranks well in terms of design and appearance. Regardless of your final decision, making sure that you choose a backpack that meets your preferences will make your travels a success. We may have left out the best laptop backpack for travel; please let us know in the comments section below.
These Reviews may Be of interest too: